Blocktrade is the go-to asset marketplace for everyone, helping to create wealth and joy in life for a global society. At Blocktrade, we believe in the power of community and trust. We strive towards being the most accessible marketplace while holding ourselves to the highest regulatory standards.
We make no difference between origin, gender, age or wealth when we educate and support our community in becoming more financially educated and directly applying their knowledge on digital markets. Only when every user leaves our platform wealthier in assets or knowledge, looking forward to coming back to further improve their life have we reached our goal.
To continue to provide a top-tier trading facility for security tokens, crypto assets, Crypto Traded Indices™ and other tokenised assets, we are looking for a full-time Accountant here in Luxembourg city (hybrid).
About the position
As our new Accountant, you will be part of the core Finance team in Luxembourg. The position is crucial in supporting our Head of Finance along with other team members to achieve our ultimate goal of making financial markets accessible to everyone.
Here are some of the tasks and challenges you will tackle:
- Handling all day-to-day bookkeeping activities;
- Preparation of indirect and direct tax returns and tax provisions;
- Preparing the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports in LUXGAAP and IFRS;
- Processing of bank payments, reconciliation of payment logs and approvals;
- Supporting the payroll processes and annual audits;
- Actively participating in the in the development and documentation of inhouse accounting processes and procedures;
- Supporting our Head of Finance with various ah-hoc financial administrative processes and projects;
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting (ACCA or CPA certificates are considered as a bonus);
- 3+ years of experience in Luxembourg (in SME environment is a plus);
- Fluency in English;
- In-depth understanding of LUXGAAP and IFRS;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel;
- Organization skills and attention to details;
- Proactive team player with the ability to work independently;
- Team spirit and ability to work across diverse organizations and teams;
- French or German language is considered as an asset.
We are looking for an ambitious and detail-oriented person with a solid knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping. A core understanding of crypto-currency and blockchain technology is an advantage, as is prior experience in FinTech. We are looking for someone who wants to join our motivated and all-round awesome team to help us shape the future of finance.
Are you up for the challenge? If so, please email us your CV, cover letter and anything else you think might impress us. We are looking forward to hearing from you.