Blocktrade is the go-to asset marketplace for everyone, helping to create wealth and joy in life for a global society. At Blocktrade, we believe in the power of community and trust. We strive towards being the most accessible marketplace while holding ourselves to the highest regulatory standards.
We make no difference between origin, gender, age or wealth when we educate and support our community in becoming more financially educated and directly applying their knowledge on digital markets. Only when every user leaves our platform wealthier in assets or knowledge, looking forward to coming back to further improve their life have we reached our goal.
To continue to provide a top-tier trading facility for crypto assets, Crypto Traded Indices™ and other tokenised assets, we are looking for a full-time Legal Counsel here in Luxembourg city.
About the position
As our new Legal Counsel, you will be part of the core Legal team in Luxembourg. The position is crucial in supporting our Head of Legal along with other team members to achieve our ultimate goal of making financial markets accessible to everyone. Here are some of the tasks and challenges you will tackle:
- Drafting, review and negotiation of in-house legal documentation;
- Assistance in the organisation of corporate events such as board and general meetings;
- Assistance in the drafting of resolutions and minutes;
- Supporting the management of the relationship with financial regulatory authorities;
- Supporting the maintenance of the exchange terms and conditions;
- Liaising with notaries and international law firms;
- Assistance on GDPR related matters;
- Further developing and documenting in-house legal processes.
- Business law Master’s Degree;
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Luxembourg (in SME environment is a plus);
- Fluency in English (French or German language is considered as an asset);
- Experience in regulatory matters related to crypto-assets is a strong advantage;
- Understanding and experience of risk identification and mitigation;
- Excellent drafting skills;
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Organisation skills and attention to details;
- Proactive team player with the ability to work independently;
- Team spirit and ability to work across diverse organisations and teams.
We are looking for an ambitious and detail-oriented person with a solid knowledge of corporate law and regulations. A core understanding of crypto-currency and blockchain technology is an advantage, as is prior experience in FinTech. We are looking for someone who wants to join our motivated and all-round awesome team to help us shape the future of finance.
Are you up for the challenge? If so, please email us your CV, cover letter and anything else you think might impress us. We are looking forward to hearing from you.