Blocktrade is the go-to asset marketplace for everyone, helping to create wealth and joy in life for a global society. At Blocktrade, we believe in the power of community and trust. We strive towards being the most accessible marketplace while holding ourselves to the highest regulatory standards.
We make no difference between origin, gender, age or wealth when we educate and support our community in becoming more financially educated and directly applying their knowledge on digital markets. Only when every user leaves our platform wealthier in assets or knowledge, looking forward to coming back to further improve their life, have we reached our goal.
To continue to provide a top-tier trading facility for security tokens, crypto assets, Crypto Traded Indices™ and other tokenized assets, we are looking for an experienced Python Developer in Tallinn, Estonia. Here is what you can look forward to when working for Blocktrade:
- Competitive salary based on experience and skills
- Experienced co-workers in fintech
- A seat at the table – you get to participate in the decision-making process
- An opportunity to innovate and to develop state-of-the-art fintech technologies
- A chance to work on challenging and yet unsolved problems
- Mentorship – you will be guided by the best in the industry to help you get started
About the position
As our new Python Developer, you will be part of the Development team in Tallinn, Estonia. The position is crucial to supporting our mission to make the financial markets accessible to everyone. Here are some of the tasks and challenges you will tackle:
- Design and implement new features for the Blocktrade exchange that will bring value to the customers
- Ensure that developed solutions are performant and secure
- Develop REST and WebSocket APIs
- Integrate with banks and other financial related providers
- Monitor and ensure stability of the system
- Optimize performance of the system
- Do Zero-Downtime deployments
- Review code from other developers
- Share your knowledge with the team, by coaching/mentoring, writing documentation etc.
Technologies in our stack: Python, Pyramid, FastAPI, Django, SQLAlchemy, Alembic, Celery, PostgresSQL, Redis, RabbitMQ, Nginx, HAProxy, Docker, Kubernetes, Linux.
We are looking for an ambitious and curious person who has experience in backend development and wants to join our motivated and all-round awesome team to help us shape the future of finance. Here’s what we expect from you:
- Be proficient in backend development, preferably Python
- Be experienced in developing web applications, REST APIs and web sockets
- Be proficient in QRMs, SQL and relational database technologies
- Have a security mindset and attention to detail
- Be experienced in architecting complex systems
- Be interested in financial markets
- Be a team player who challenges and supports others
- Show a willingness to learn and grow
Are you up for the challenge? If so, please email us your CV, cover letter, link to your public code repositories (if available) and anything else you think might impress us. We are looking forward to hearing from you.