Front End Developer
We are looking for a driven and ambitious senior front-end developer to help us build
the first registered trading facility under the MiFID II regulatory framework, approved
by the European Securities and Markets Authority, for trading with Crypto Assets, Crypto
Traded Indices™ and blockchain related financial products. Once completed, the
Blocktade.com exchange will be able to process more than 1 million trade requests per
second outperforming the world’s biggest stock exchanges.
What we offer
- A competitive compensation package, starting from 30k € to up to 90k € gross
annually – the actual compensation offered to a successful candidate will be based
on relative experience and skills.
- Full-time employment or long-term contracting.
- Stock options.
- 22 days of paid planned leave.
By joining us you will obtain:
- experienced co-workers in fintech,
- a seat at the table – you get to participate in the decision-making process
- an opportunity to innovate and to develop state-of-the-art fintech technologies
- a chance to work on challenging and yet unsolved problems.
In this position, you will be:
- responsible for developing Blocktrade.com web application using Angular 5 web
- developing graphical interfaces based on graphical designs and in collaboration with
- defining and implementing communication between web application and backend system
through REST API and WebSockets.
This is your excellent career opportunity to join a fast-growing startup in pole
- Experience with developing web graphical interfaces
- Positive, pro-active team player who is passionate about their craft
- Desire for continuous improvement and learning
- Passion for financial markets
Nice to have
- Knowledge of TypeScript programming language
- Knowledge of Angular 5 or similar other web frameworks and libraries
- Experience with reactive programming (RxJS and ngrx)
- In depth knowledge of CSS and/or SCSS
- Experience with UX
- Flexible work hours
- Remote work options
- Paid tech conferences – attend (or speak at) the best tech conferences
- Free breakfast at our offices and free coffee
- Keeping meetings at the minimum
- Mentorship – you will be guided by the best in the industry to help you get
- Monthly 1 on 1’s with CTO and/or CEO
- Quarterly OKR’s (Objectives and Key Results) – we make sure that your goals are
with the goals of the company (reaching all goals will result in a performance
- Quarterly off-site team building
- No open office spaces
- Contributing to open source
- 2h/week lightning (educational) & developer happiness talks
- Official Fridays – every Friday you come to office in your “Armani” suit
Blocktrade.com is a high-performant, soon-to-be MiFID II regulated Crypto Assets Trading
We are a fintech experienced team who believes tokenized securities are a logical next
step in the evolution of global financial markets. There are many advantages of using
tokenized securities for fundraising and trading. Superior speed and the simplicity of
issuance, near-instant settlement, ease of transferring, fractional shares, etc.
In the next decade Crypto Assets will overtake the financial world and Blocktrade.com
will be the Trading Facility where these assets will trade. By building software
architecture with supreme performance capabilities, we will be able to ensure that
hundreds, maybe thousands of crypto assets will be traded at Blocktrade.com. You can be
a part of the financial future.
In order to achieve that goal, we are using the most recent advances in computer
science. Continuous integration and deployment, dockerization, using OpenShift for
DevOps, optimizing performance sensitive code by using faster programming languages,
integrating faster and more reliable API protocols like FIX and FAST, etc., all being
deployed in a high end dedicated server cluster located in Switzerland.
Our offices are in Ljubljana, Slovenia.
Send your CV, short motivational letter and answers to questions
- Are your compensation requirements within our budgeted range (30k € to 90k €
annually, depending on experience)?
- List links to your LinkedIn, GitHub, Stack Overflow and other relevant profiles.
- Why are you applying for this role?
- What have you learned in the last year and what would you like to learn next?
- Tell us about a project where you failed and what you learnt from it.
- Share any examples of projects you are proud of.
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Where did you hear about this position?