Blocktrade is the go-to asset marketplace for everyone, helping to create wealth and joy in life for a global society. At Blocktrade, we believe in the power of community and trust. We strive towards being the most accessible marketplace while holding ourselves to the highest regulatory standards.
We make no difference between origin, gender, age or wealth when we educate and support our community in becoming more financially educated and directly applying their knowledge on digital markets. Only when every user leaves our platform wealthier in assets or knowledge, looking forward to coming back to further improve their life have we reached our goal.
To continue to provide a top-tier trading facility for digital assets, we are looking for an experienced Chief Technology Officer in Tallinn, Estonia. Here is what you can look forward to when working for Blocktrade:
- Competitive salary based on experience and skills; relocation package, and help with visa if necessary
- Experienced co-workers in fintech
- A seat at the table – you get to participate in the decision-making process
- An opportunity to innovate and to develop state-of-the-art fintech technologies
- A chance to work on challenging and as yet unsolved problems
- Mentorship – you will be guided by the best in the industry to help you get started
About the position
As our new CTO, you will be part of the team in Tallinn, Estonia. The position is crucial in supporting our mission to make the financial markets accessible to everyone. Here are some of the tasks and challenges you will tackle:
- Manage the company’s technological and developmental plans.
- Manage and scaling the team.
- Oversee data security and management.
- Expand and maintain the company’s cloud strategy.
- Envision and implement different forms of technology, with great foresight of how they can be best utilized throughout the company.
- Research ways the company’s technological assets can be improved.
- Create networking safeguards that prevent security breaches and keep client information confidential.
- Assess whether new technologies are appropriate for the company to use.
- Ensure technologies currently in use are efficient whilst making changes wherever necessary.
- Technologies in our stack: Angular 10, Python 3+, Pyramid, FastAPI, Django, Sqlalchemy, Alembic, Celery, PostgresSQL, Redis, RabbitMQ, Nginx, HAProxy, Docker, Docker Compose, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, Linux.
We are looking for an ambitious and curious person with extensive knowledge in development, who has experience in a C-level role, or who is ready to make the step-up to this level. You will also need to have an extensive understanding of crypto-assets and blockchain technology, and experience in FinTech is also advantageous. We are looking for someone who wants to join our motivated and all-round awesome team to help us shape the future of finance. Here’s what we expect from the ideal candidate:
- Associate Degree or higher in a related field or equivalent professional experience
- Several years of experience designing, developing and running systems in production with complex business requirements
- Experience developing web applications, REST APIs and web sockets
- Experience with scaling software to handle the growing traffic
- Advanced understanding of ORMs, SQL and relational database technologies
- Effective hiring practices so that you can build the right team to work for you and further the company’s aims
- The ability to constantly educate yourself so that you’re up-to-date with the latest technological advances
- Excellent team leadership skills with a strong ability to guide those under your management
- Accomplished organisational skills are essential since you will be responsible for coordinating all engineering and development efforts
- Identifying problems and prescribing solutions with the resources at your disposal
- Capability of having and furthering a deep, expert understanding of the product
- Diplomacy skills as you negotiate and push for what you believe is best for the company’s IT systems
- The ability to liaise well with others and source information efficiently
- Communication skills with people of all levels throughout our organisation are essential
- Budgeting skills are also important, as CTOs usually need to work within a budget
- The ability to respond well to constructive feedback
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
Are you up for the challenge? If so, please email us your CV, cover letter and anything else you think might impress us. We are looking forward to hearing from you.