Are you still looking for creative Christmas gift ideas? Something unique that stands out? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! Treat yourself, friends and family – here are 5 gift ideas for your perfect crypto Christmas 2020!
Gift Idea 1: Hardware Wallets
Are you planning to hodl larger amounts of cryptocurrency for a longer time? Then hardware wallets are the safest way to store your crypto.
- Ledger Nano S: The most widely sold hardware wallet worldwide, the Ledger Nano S supports 30 leading cryptocurrencies and all ERC-20 tokens. Stored in a secure chip and protected by an 8-digit-PIN, your cryptos are safe on this 16.2g light device.
- BC Vault: Newcomer in the hardware wallet space, the BC Vault supports all major cryptocurrencies and ERC-20 tokens. Designed like a digital camera, the BC Vault is known for its ease-of-use and high encryption, albeit larger at 10×5,69cm weighing 85 grams.
- Trezor One: Made by the French hardware manufacturer, the Trezor One supports 14 popular cryptocurrencies and ERC-20 tokens. It stands out with unique shape and design, comprising a small screen. The Trezor One offers high encryption and a backup function.
Gift Idea 2: Blockchain / Crypto-Books
the blockchain and cryptocurrency space is evolving quickly. Whether you are looking for an educational guide, exciting book on the future of cryptocurrencies or an entertaining read into the darker aspects of the scene, these book recommendations will suit any taste.
- For newbies: Cryptocurrencies simply explained: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Blockchain, ICOs, Decentralization, Mining & Co | Dr. Julian Hosp
An introduction to the crypto world. Dr. Hosp’s ability to pack complex concepts into simple and clear chunks of knowledge makes this book a must-read for those new to crypto.
- Educational: Basics of Bitcoins and Blockchains: An Introduction to Cryptocurrencies and the Technology That Powers Them | Antony Lewis
Renowned crypto-influencer and R3 Director for Research in Asia, Lewis breaks down essential concepts behind the blockchain and Bitcoin. In an engaging and clear fashion, he highlights applications and implications of blockchain technology.
- Thought-provoking: The Age of Cryptocurrency: How Bitcoin and Digital Money Are Challenging the Global Economic Order | Michael Casey and Paul Vigna
This 2015 classic of the crypto-space is still a must read for passionate crypto-fans. Casey and Vigna manage to capture the disruptive spirit and ambitious vision at the heart of Bitcoin and the crypto-community.
Lambos, yachts, private planes and luxurious wealth: Bitcoin is surrounded by emotional allure of great fortune and dubious Bitcoin millionaires. Ben Mezrich describes the story of the Winklevoss brothers from the accidental learning about Bitcoin, a fight with the SEC and various scandals to becoming the world’s first Bitcoin billionaires.
Gift Idea 3: Crypto-Art
Be expressive about your love for cryptocurrencies! Nothing quite voices your support like showing crypto-art like wallpapers, paintings and further artwork. For the more extravagant among you, a crypto-themed artwork like “The Tinkerer” or “A When Moon Story” are just the right treat. Browse around Pinterest and specialized Etsy stores to find crypto-artwork that speaks to you the most.
Gift Idea 4: Physical Bitcoin
Yes, Bitcoin is a digital currency – which is why physical Bitcoin are a creative and exciting idea. Indeed, you can buy gold-minted BTC coins or various editions and mintages in silver or titanium. Deflationary and definitely a looker – metal-backed physical Bitcoin are the perfect gift idea for the value-oriented.
Gift Idea 5: (Ugly) Christmas Sweater
Christmas sweaters are nice, but crypto-Christmas sweaters are better! Websites like hodlmoon impress with a small but exquisite selection of Christmas sweaters with crypto-theme. Why not give them a try?
If not, there are always the useful mugs with funny quotes and crypto-slogans for your morning coffee.