Valid from 01 August 2023
|Blocktrade||means BlocktradeOperations OÜ, a company incorporated in Estonia under company number: 14901959 and registered as a virtual asset service provider with the Estonian Financial Intelligence Unit under the number FTV000299, whose registered office is at Maakri 19/21, 10145, Tallinn, Estonia as the operator of the Platform|
|Cookies||means small bits of information that are placed on Data Subject’s computer or mobile device. Cookies remember information about activities on the Platform to make the visit more enjoyable and valuable by providing a customized experience and recognizing preferences of the Data Subject.|
|Data Subject||means a natural person who is visiting Blocktrade website at https://blocktrade.com (Website) and/or who has registered as a User on the Platform|
|First Party||means providers sharing cookies that only work on a single domain and are not shared accross multiple domains. The providers of such cookies are considered First Party.|
|GDPR||regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council, 27 April 2016, on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)|
|Platform||means application, including but not limited to apps on the Website and any mobile devices application, which provides the access and use of Services for Users with registered accounts|
|Services||any services which are provided by Blocktrade on the Platform|
|Technologies||Cookies, Beacons, Web Server Logs, as described in these terms, or any other similar technology.|
|Third Party||means providers sharing cookies accross multiple domains, by domains/websites not being the ones of the Platform visited the User during his/her session. The Providers of such cookies are considered Third Party.|
|Web Beacons||(also called pixel tag, clear pixel or clear GIF) means a small graphic image placed on website pages, e-mails, advertising, and other marketing communications that can be used for such things as recording the pages and advertisements clicked on by Data Subject, or tracking the performance of e-mail marketing campaigns.|
|Web Server Logs||Web server logs are records of activity created by the computer that delivers the webpages to the browser. For example, a web server log may record the search term entered or the link clicked. The web server log also may record information about browser Data Subject is using, such as IP address and the cookies set on browser by the server.|
2. Use of Technologies
2.1. Cookies. If the Data Subject has chosen to disable cookies on his/her browser or mobile device, some of the functionality of the Platform may be lost. Certain parts of the Platform, particularly those that require a login and password, require that cookies be enabled in the browser and cannot be used when Data Subject has disabled cookies.
The information collected by the cookies are used to ensure that the Platform operates efficiently, to improve User experience on the Platform, and to understand website traffic and how website is being used.
2.2. Web Beacons
are used to analyze what the Users like to do on the Platform or mobile application, and the effectiveness of features and advertising, as well as interactions with Blocktrade e-mail and advertising.
2.3. Web server logs
help Blocktrade to understand which of its services is the most popular. They are used to monitor networks and visitors of the Platform.
3. Purposes of the Technologies
3.1. Cookies and Technologies serve the following useful purposes:
- Strictly Necessary cookies: These cookies are essential in order to enable the Data Subject to move around the Platform and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the Platform. Without these cookies services cannot be provided. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor.
- Functional purpose cookies: The Technologies allow Blocktrade to deliver a better User experience. For example, this type of Technologies ensure that the information displayed on Data Subject’s next visit to the Platform will match up with his/her User preferences. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized and they cannot track Data Subject browsing activity on other websites.
- Analytical and Performance purpose cookies: The Technologies enable Blocktrade to analyze the performance and design of Platform and detect errors. For example, this type of Technologies allows to recognize when a Data Subject visits website before and shows which sections of website are most popular and how much time visitors spend on each page. Additionally, the performance purpose cookies enable Blocktrade to prevent fraudulent activity and improve security.
These cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
- Targeting and Marketing purpose cookies: The Technologies enable Blocktrade to record data about the User of that specific browser, such as his/her actions on a site, timecodes, browsing activity, purchases and preferences, IP address and geographical location.
3.2. The information collected via tracking Technologies is used for targeted marketing, to direct and display advertisements as precisely as possible to relevant segments of the internet Users, that is, potential customers.
5. Managing the Technologies
5.1. If Data Subject wants to remove or block the Technologies described herein from his/her device, Data Subject can update his/her browser settings (consult mobile app/browser’s “help” menu to learn how to remove or block the Technologies). Blocktrade is not responsible for Data Subject’s browser settings. Data Subject can find good and simple instructions on how to manage cookies and other Technologies on the different types of web browsers at www.allaboutcookies.org.
5.2. For the information, rejecting cookies may affect the ability to use the Platform, and Blocktrade ability to recognize Data Subject’s browser from one visit to the next.
6. Changes to the Cookies Policy
6.1. Blocktrade reserves the right to unilaterally supplement and/or amend this Cookies Policy, from time to time. When updating this Policy, Blocktrade will notify the Data Subject of the new Policy via email or the Platform. If the new Policy refers to the processing of the Data Subject’s personal data for a new purpose that requires the Data Subject’s consent, Blocktrade will not process the Data Subject’s personal data for such new purpose until Blocktrade has obtained the Data Subject’s consent to such processing.
7. Consent of the User
7.2. Consent of the User in relation to the specific types of cookies involved, is systematically requested on first connection to Blocktrade’s web domain https://blocktrade.com/, the Platform or Blocktrade’s mobile app.