What Is Cardano?
Known as one of the largest cryptocurrencies by market capitalization, Cardano was launched in September 2017. Like most of the third-generation blockchains, the aim of creating Cardano was to overcome the weaknesses of the previous blockchain, such as sustainability, scalability, and speed. Therefore, Cardano claims that now it is a more secure and scalable platform for decentralized applications and smart contracts.
Furthermore, this blockchain uses a Proof-of-Stake consensus mechanism called Ouroboros, making it more energy-efficient and environmentally friendly than Proof-of-Work systems. Furthermore, it enables faster transactions with lower fees. Apart from being a sustainable environment for developers to create dApps and smart contracts, Cardano supports projects that aim to improve education, health, agriculture, governance, and more.
The native token of this blockchain is called ADA, which was released to the market in March 2021. ADA can be used to participate in the network, pay transaction fees, collect or create NFTS, and stake pools. The company has claimed that in the future, the ADA owners can use their coins as a governance token so they will be able to vote on the upgrades and changes to the system. However, no exact time has been mentioned for this news, but it is believed that this ability can change the way this token is performing on the market now.
At the moment, Cardano (ADA) is the 7th cryptocurrency by market cap.
What Is Ethereum?
Undoubtedly, Ethereum is one of the most well-known blockchain in the digital world. The main idea behind creating such a blockchain was to make a platform for users to have the freedom to run applications without the need for a third party. Therefore, Ethereum was not just a cryptocurrency that people buy as an investment; it was supposed to do something that its previous platform couldn’t.
After all, Ethereum was launched in 2015 and was able to attract not only investors but also developers. Today, Ethereum is a decentralized blockchain network that allows users to build their own applications on its platform using smart contracts. Although at the time of release, Ethereum was the fastest blockchain on the market; it is now far behind many newer ones because it still uses the Proof-of-Work mechanism to secure the network, which is slower than the Proof-of-Stake consensus mechanism that other blockchains use. However, based on the news around this blockchain, it is going to upgrade to a newer version that uses PoS. Therefore, Ethereum might be back in the competition soon.
However, it doesn’t mean Ethereum is not a good cryptocurrency because currently, it is still the second-largest cryptocurrency by market value, after Bitcoin. Therefore, it shows that Ethereum has so much popularity among investors and developers.
The native token on this blockchain is called Ether (ETH), which can be used as an investment, paying transaction fees, payment method, staking, creating, or buying NFTs.
If you want to invest in Ethereum, you can buy Ether on BlockTrade with zero trading fees. We recommend you check out buy Ethereum with Debit Card and buy Ethereum with Apple Pay to discover the best method to buy this crypto.
Similarities Between Cardano and Ethereum
Most cryptocurrencies have something in common. Here are the similarities between Ethereum and Cardano:
- Decentralized Blockchains. Both Cardano and Ethereum are decentralized platforms allowing developers to create decentralized apps using smart contracts.
- Mining Process. The users on both blockchains can stake ADA or ETH to validate transactions. However, the speed of this process differs on each platform.
- Tokens with the Same Usages. The uses of ADA and ETH are almost the same. Both are good investment options and can be used to pay for the transaction fees and other activities on their networks.
Knowing the similarities between cryptocurrencies is helpful because you know what factors you don’t need to compare when deciding to buy crypto. But, the differences can help you figure out the strengths of each cryptocurrency and make your decision based on them.
Differences Between Cardano and Ethereum
Here are the major differences between Ethereum and Cardano:
Which One Is a Better Investment? Ethereum or Cardano?
As mentioned, each cryptocurrency has its advantages and disadvantages, which can affect its price in the future. Therefore, all aspects of a cryptocurrency should be considered when investing. However, it is not easy for a beginner to check all these aspects. So, the investors should check out the following factors:
- Technical Analysis. The history of crypto can tell you a lot about its situation. However, it’s not the only factor to consider while buying crypto as an investment. There are some details that crypto experts can find in this history that can help them give predictions of cryptocurrency.
- Fundamental Analysis. We know that the crypto world is growing, new cryptocurrencies are added, and this world is always in chaos. Therefore, the current situation of cryptocurrency is critical. Who are the competitors? Has the company had any changes in stock value? Does any particular person have an investment in this crypto? The answer to these questions can define the present condition a cryptocurrency has in its market.
- Price Predictions. Before getting to this part, we should mention that the predictions are just predictions! Even if a crypto expert says an investment will be profitable, it might not come true because the world of cryptocurrencies is volatile, and no one can guarantee a profitable investment. However, price predictions can help you build a possible future for your investment or decide which crypto to buy. However, in the end, you should always be aware of what’s happening in this digital world and decide when to sell your coins. Therefore, all aspects of a cryptocurrency should be considered when investing.
Cardano vs Ethereum: Price History
When it comes to investment, price is the most important thing to consider. Let’s check out the price history of each crypto to discover how profitable each of them had been in the past.
Cardano (ADA) Price History
Ada was released to the market in September 2017 with an initial price of $0.024 per coin. At the beginning of 2018, its price could reach over $1. However, it again dropped to $0.25. After that, ADA didn’t have any specific rise, and its price was almost stable around $0.04 to $0.09 until 2021. ADA surprised the market by reaching as high as $3 per coin. Thus, anyone who had bought it in the past, now had a tremendous profit. But it didn’t last for a long time, and the good year finished. ADA started 2022 with a price of $1.3.
However, Cardano was not the only cryptocurrency with a noticeable crash in 2021. However, some experts identified bugs in its system that made many investors and developers sell their assets, which led to this collapse. Accordingly, 2022 had many fluctuations for Cardano (ADA); it dropped as low as $0.24 and went up as high as $0.5 but could never reach $1 again. Until the writing of this article, the ADA price was $0.32 per coin in July 2023.
Ethereum (ETH) Price History
Ethereum native token, Ether, released to the market in 2015 with an initial price of $0.32 per coin. Although it passed this year with almost a stable price, the next year was a huge surprise for Ether holders because its price reached $14, which guaranteed a profitable investment for people who had bought this token the previous year. Furthermore, the Ether price didn’t stop rising and suddenly mounted to $400 in 2017 and continued to rise until it reached its highest price at $1,158 per coin.
Like most cryptocurrencies, Ethereum didn’t have great years after that, especially 2020 was almost a failure for this token because its average price was $200, which was bad news for people who had bought it at the higher prices.
Bad days were over for Ether holders because, in November 2021, Ether could set a record for its highest price at $4,733 per coin. Although this price only lasted for one night, the Ether price didn’t get lower than $1,100 by 2022. However, 2023 sounded like a better year for this cryptocurrency because it could reach $1,683 in July 2023.
Cardano vs Ethereum: Price Predictions
As you can see, both crypto assets have shown profitability in the past. But, can they still be profitable in the future?
In this section, we check out some websites whose crypto experts have given some predictions for the future of each crypto asset.
Cardano Price Predictions
- CryptoNews predicts the price of ADA might reach higher than $1 by 2025. The experts of this website also believe that it could continue growing and possibly reach around $3.34 per coin by 2030.
- The analysts at Techopedia forecast a better future for this coin. They think the price of ADA might reach $2 by 2025 and get as high as $6 by 2030.
- But the crypto experts of AMBCrypto consider something different for ADA. They think the possible price of ADA might be around $0.52 by 2025, and it might reach higher than $1 by 2030.
Ethereum Price Predictions
- An average price of $3,200 has been predicted for Ethereum in 2025 by Techopedia. This website also has mentioned a possible price of $9,800 for Ethereum by 2030.
- CryptoNews experts have predicted the price of Ethereum to be around $3500 by 2025 and $14,300 by 2030.
- The price that AMBCrypto has predicted for Ethereum in 2025 is around $2,500. The analysts of this website also think that Ether price might surpass $10,000 by 2030.
In addition to any price predictions, you should note that these prices are only hypothetical. Therefore, there is no guarantee that any of these predictions will happen in the future. As a beginner, we recommend that you read the news, similarities and differences between Cardano and Ethereum, expert comments and price predictions to be able to decide which cryptocurrency might be a better investment in the future. In the end, it is better to start with a minimum investment and have an exit point for your investment to avoid losing a lot of money.
Is ADA similar to ETH?
Both cryptocurrencies have similarities. However, if you dig into their similarities, you can still find differences that can define one blockchain as stronger than the other. One of the most important similarities between ADA and ETH is that they can both be used as transaction fees on the network, you can buy NFTs using both assets and you are allowed to create smart contracts on both networks.
Which blockchain has the most NFTs?
Ethereum is a bigger blockchain than Cardano. It is also called the king of all NFT chains. Therefore, it has the most NFTs compared to Cardano.