Luxembourg, 28th of October 2021 – Blocktrade SA today announced that it has become a member of the Blockchain & Virtual Currencies Working Group (hereinafter BVC WG), a European working group of companies and industry representatives who are committed to discussing and promoting the development of clear and innovation-friendly legal regulation of blockchain-based virtual currencies in the European Union. Formed in 2015, the BVC WG aims to educate and promote cooperation with European regulators, influence EU regulators’ work and advise internally on EU matters.
“As an ambitious digital assets exchange, we see the need to align with industry peers in order to coordinate and align our engagement with all tiers of European Governance and Financial Authorities. In this rapidly evolving legal field, such a coordination is necessary for us to better understand and support the general direction that will be beneficial to innovation, legal progression and sustainable operations of all players in the blockchain sector,” says Simon Ore, Chief Compliance Officer at Blocktrade SA.
“Presently, the regulatory diversity in certain areas is a major cause of concern to us,” adds Bernhard Blaha, former CEO of Blocktrade SA. “Blocktrade finds the mission and position of the BVC WG as well as collaborative efforts by the industry players involved in the group to be vital to our very existence as an industry.”
What documents do I need for company onboarding?
If you wish to register as a business on the Blocktrade platform, we will need the following documents for onboarding:
• A recent extract from a commercial register in a relevant jurisdiction, including information about shareholders and management bodies of the company.
• Proof of the Company’s operating address, if it is different from the registered address.
• List of any shareholders with a holding of 20% of shares or more (Full name, date of birth, and country of residence), together with proof of identity and proof of address of all the shareholders. In the case of corporate shareholders, we will need an identity document of the natural persons owning more than 20% of the legal entity.
• List of your company’s managing directors (Full name, date of birth, country of residence).
• Proof of Identity and proof of address of all managing directors.
• A brief description of your business. What are your main business activities?
“We are glad to welcome Blocktrade SA to the Blockchain and virtual currencies Working Group. We believe that their vision and ambitions can enhance the work we are currently performing, and we look forward to working in partnership as we expand the WG footprint across the policy and regulatory debates in Europe” says Monica Monaco, Founder and Secretary General of BVC WG.
About Blocktrade SA
Blocktrade is the digital asset marketplace of the future. It is part of a wider ecosystem, which covers all stages of asset tokenization.
Started in 2018, Blocktrade was further acquired and rebuilt by Cryptix in 2020 and funded by an international group of investors in 2021. This way Blocktrade set the course for the further international rollout. Digital assets trading is an exponentially growing market and Blocktrade is a bridgehead between slow, regulated tokenization services and fast-paced trading communities.